My sister makes the best Banana Pudding. She has been making it for years and never has any leftovers. It's a big hit with my family. I've made it several times for my husband and followed the recipe exactly. It was even better the second day. I let it chill overnight so all the flavors come together and so it will become thicker. In the past I have substituted Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies for the Vanilla Wafers with great results. I hope you will give this recipe a try!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (cool to room temperature)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant banana cream pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish with vanilla wafers. Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill.