sweet puppy chewed a pair of my favorite shoes.
Cupcake Ingredients (recipe adapted from missmake.com)
1 3/4 c sugar
2 1/2 c flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1 c Wild Blue beer
1/4 c milk
1. Line 2, 12 cup muffin pans with paper liners.. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking power and salt.
2. In a large bowl beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar a little bit at a time, beating well. Once it's all added beat for 2 more minutes.
3. Add eggs, beating after each.
4. Add vanilla and beat.
5. Add in milk and beer, and whisk well
6. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake at 325 degrees F for 18 minutes, or until cupcakes are golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and allow cupcakes to cool completely. Once cooled, frost
Butter Cream Frosting Ingredients (recipe adapted from allrecipes.com)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
5 cups powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
In large bowl, beat powdered sugar and butter until smooth. Add salt, vanilla and milk, continue to beat until light and fluffy.
*After reading this article, I found that not all of the alcohol in the beer was baked out of the cupcakes. Therefore, I did not serve these to my children. Not a problem, that leaves more for my husband and me!
**A huge thanks to folks over at Wild Blue for featuring this recipe on their Facebook page!
I am linking this post to: